Haunting Task

Protecting those who can't protect themselves and keeping evil at bay.

Haunting Task

Postby Jabril » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:24 pm

I just had my first Haunting guild task today and let me tell you, this is WAAAAAAAY too hard. All of the nethrim are at the exact same skill level as me and I am expected to kill 3 or more at a time and even if I make some headway, they get even harder the more you manage to kill. I could see this being an easy task for a rank 8 templar with all the spells but someone with one spell and swinging a weapon my entire experience so far has been, You are stuck in roundtime and "You are unable to escape from combat!" and dead....

Are these supposed to be group only tasks? Do I need to rally a large group together to tackle it?

Event Staff

Re: Haunting Task

Postby CLOK » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:29 pm

Until a GM has a chance to look over the task in more detail, here are some tips for the meantime: Deactivate the Halo spell as soon as something spawns. They only spawn as long as a halo is active, so that can help you control the amount of creatures you're fighting. You can also move one room away if more than one spawn at a time and see if they'll wander in individually for easier handling.

Postby jilliana » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:30 pm

There's nothing wrong with getting more than one person in with you, but it is possible to do them alone. It's a matter of finding your stride and rhythm. It's difficult to only use a weapon in those paths. AThe best way to handle them is through Thaumaturgic spells. Also, those tasks don't always go quickly. They used to take me forever even when my Thauma was over 1k.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
You overhear the following rumor:
"There's an old man that can sometimes be seen walking around with a trunk, rumor has it he takes it to the stables and gets naked in front of the horses before changing clothes from the trunk."
You think to yourself, "Who could that old man be?"

Postby jilliana » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:32 pm

In addition to what CLOK said, every room you can wander out so you don't have to keep track of the direction you have to run to.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
You overhear the following rumor:
"There's an old man that can sometimes be seen walking around with a trunk, rumor has it he takes it to the stables and gets naked in front of the horses before changing clothes from the trunk."
You think to yourself, "Who could that old man be?"

Postby Kiyaani » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:43 pm

These have been discussed before. They're definitely a challenge - especially before getting sun disc or spear of light. I would recommend doing as others have suggested and moving away once packs spawn to allow the mobs to trickle in more slowly. If you get tired - go to the wilds and rest before coming back in. Only have the halo active if you're ready for more to spawn in. If you're comfortable with it, try to keep thaumaturgy active while fighting so you can get flares to proc on your weapon attacks as melee attacks alone don't do much against non-corporeals. You *can* bring others with you on these tasks as well. You don't have to do them alone. Until you get a few more abilities, that may be the best way to handle them.

Postby Jabril » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:14 pm

Is there a way to channel thaumaturgy without having the halo?

Postby Kiyaani » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:19 pm

Not that I'm aware of. It used to be a separate spell that didn't require you to channel, but now it's automatic and then persists a bit after you stop channeling. So it will make things difficult for your task purposes if you want to use it to proc flares but don't want more mobs spawning. Sorry :/

Postby mercer » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:49 am

there is you just type dismiss halo. I keep forgetting about that. some of the nethrem are either really strong, or broken. they are not stunned by beacon for more than a second

Return to Knights Templar