Channeling

Channeling

Postby Dorn » Sun May 07, 2017 4:12 am

Just what does channeling effect beyond being able to open multiple channels? Is there any actual reason to work on the skill beyond X amount needed for whatever abilities you may have with it as a requirement, and to be able to open the channels you need.

The blurb says as follows..

"Channeling is the ability to effectively harness and channel one's energy for magical means. It is useful for preparing and casting spells more easily as well as the ability to channel multiple elements at once. In addition, it will assist in directing most non-projectile magical spells."

But I know of at least one ability that was changed so Channeling ceased helping it (a non-projectile one), so I'm kind of curious if that means it isn't a thing, the blurb is wrong, or what else there is to it.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.

Re: Channeling

Postby Hakon » Sun May 07, 2017 10:53 am

Higher channeling skill = higher chance per second that extra channels past the first won't take energy. So I have heard at least.

CLOK Patron

Re: Channeling

Postby preiman » Fri May 19, 2017 10:19 am

The higher your skill, the less energy you'll spend when you hold more than one channel. That being said, I never saw the point in training it, if you're the sort of character who's going to really need it, you'll get there fairly quickly regardless.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.

Return to General Magic Discussion