Character Voice!

A place to socialize out-of-character and off-topic.
Alila

Character Voice!

Post by Alila » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:12 am

Often it's the very small but pervasive aspects of our characters that define them the most. What parts of your characters dialogue do you make a conscious effort to maintain? Are there any subtler ones? Maybe there are some you have noticed in other characters that you really appreciate or enjoy? Is there a quote or phrase you have always wanted to say as your character, or that you think sounds exactly like something they might say? Finally, if you could pick someone to voice your character, who would it be?
I can start!
There are three things for Alila:
-Uses of um, but less so when asking a direct question on her own initiative.
-Almost always addresses questions or statements to a person by name.
-The less comfortable or at ease she feels, the less she refers to herself in the conversation.
I really like:
-Zeldryn's use of the speech settings.
-Weiss's and Waylyn's bravado
-Ketran is always so quiet!
Sorry, I'm not too sure about quotes or voices. :(
Remember everything here is OOC and should not be used against you in the court of law? Maybe? :D But if the commenting on interesting character traits of other characters makes anyone uncomfortable I can remove it or just feel free to ignore it. Hopefully this should be fun for everyone!
;)

artus

Re: Character Voice!

Post by artus » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:31 am

Interesting. While we already have a topic about how characters sound like, this one should definitely be a go too.
Let's see what I have for Artus :
- Always casual, almost never sounds serious.
- Speaks in a naturally soft but warm voice, so natural that I'm too lazy to include speech and tone for him all the time.:p
- Uses "hmm?" when addressed, and "yar" as confirmation a lot. (Everyone knows I use these a lot ooc too, but Artus is the only ic char who does).
- The closest to his voice would be this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOAEClHZR0Q

(He voices Hyuga Neji in the Japanese version of Naruto). Difference is that Artus sounds much younger, almost takes on female like quality, yet he still sounds obviously masculine.

Now, to characters I like :
- Zoe's hellos
- Saeda when she sounds serious (though Artus doesn't have taste for seriousness).
- Zeldryn's way of talking. His voice is never monotone.:p
- Jasan's jolly groovy charming talking style. Just can't hear it anywhere else man.
[CHAT - Event Staff Uyoku likes NOM NOM NOM food]: You are holding a pepper-grilled Uyoku in your right hand.
This GM has been peppered and grillef over an open flame to a juicy perfection.

Return to “General Socialization”