Useful tips.

Re: Useful tips.

Postby mercer » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:25 am

you can buy new pendants and crystals at the post office

Postby Edoras » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:24 am

sayto xxx works as an alias for "say ::xxx" and is easier to type!

Postby Zahrah » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:35 am

While I love the tips, I think only one should show at login and that be it instead of you getting tips periodically while being logged in. I want to keep the tips up just in case there's something there I might not have learned yet, but I tend to tune out of all OOC things that might distract me from RP while in-game and the tips are a bit distracting with popping up like that. At least in my opinion.
Dorn bluntly asks, "And does it appear I have a wagon in my pocket?"
You quip, "It would honestly not surprise me if you did."

You notice a horribly disfigured squirrel quietly scanning the area while attempting to appear nonchalant about it.

Postby Dorn » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:36 am

You can turn them off so they don't show up periodically though, and just get the one at the beginning!

(I think? I think if you turn them off, they still show on the log?)
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.

Postby Dakhal » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:44 am

You can toggle them off with 'option showtips', but that will disable tips on login as well (I don't know if they were on login ever, or if that's in the works). As a note, you can use 'tips' to call up a tip at any point. I've read over a good fair few of them, and some of them are pretty good. I even learned that there's an HERBS command to see the herbs you have. Cool!

However, they do fire a little too frequently. 10 minutes on Clok isn't a great amount of time, and it may be better adjusted to every 30 minutes to 45 minutes.
Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me, I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.
I lead a Life of Sin.

Postby Dorn » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:51 am

Keep an eye on your ENCUMBRANCE by typing just that. If you're about to start crafting, make sure you're light and unburdened or you'll have a harder time making better items. The same applies to mining!

Don't try and do everything! At least not, straight away. If you want to be a leatherworker, consider buying pelts from someone. If you're going to need poultices, buy them from a player. You've limited ability points and you might be better off spending a little riln. Most of the best gear and equipment comes from other players and not stores.
~Dorn

Postby Zahrah » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:02 am

You can only set them to echo or turn them off. Perhaps another option should be set for just login? So there would three options: Off, echo, login only.

You notice a horribly disfigured squirrel quietly scanning the area while attempting to appear nonchalant about it.

CLOK Patron

Postby Lun » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:27 am

Tips: Storing armor at the bank vault can add up to a prohibitive cost. Buy an armor rack at the walk in vault in Haiban to save on riln in the long run!

Postby Dorn » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:25 am

If you're trying to be sneaky when you send something to someone via mail, you can do so anonymously by typing MAIL <Person> Anonymous. It costs a little extra, but they'll have no idea who sent it!
~Dorn

Postby Zahrah » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:15 pm

Dorn wrote:If you're trying to be sneaky when you send something to someone via mail, you can do so anonymously by typing MAIL <Person> Anonymous. It costs a little extra, but they'll have no idea who sent it!

Apparently the proper syntax for this is to "mail dorn" and then when it gets to the "mail confirm" stage, you would type "mail confirm anonymous."

CLOK Patron

Postby Lun » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:45 pm

Riln inside a container won't drop when you die! PUT amount RILN IN container to safeguard your hard earned money against death.

Postby Hakon » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:58 pm

You can EXAMINE weapons and armor to determine their strengths and weaknesses.

Previous

Return to General Discussion