Containers for Huge Items

Containers for Huge Items

Postby Kiyaani » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:41 pm

Many weapon-containers such as sheaths, scabbards, pole harnesses etc. are considered "huge" items so they can accommodate weapons of various sizes. This is great except they won't fit in any standard furniture as-is. Chests, trunks, and barrels you can get from furniture and general stores only accommodate up to "large" items.

I'd like to ask that either containers be changed to hold "huge" items or there be a specialty container added to shops in all major towns that works with these and other huge objects at a possibly greater starting expense.

Also, I noticed that weapon racks will hold weapons, but not weapons in weapon-containers. So you can put your sword on the rack, but not the baldric or scabbard it normally goes in despite the fact that racks can hold huge items. This means you have to then find someplace to put those weapon-specific containers. Altering weapon racks to accommodate weapon-containers along with their weapons might be a good alternative fix if you don't want normal containers to hold huge things.

Re: Containers for Huge Items

Postby xavier » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:44 pm

I like the second idea better. It seems more fitting. It always kind of bugged me that I couldn't put a scabbarded sword on a weapon rack.

Postby Akila » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:46 pm

I really like this idea. It's frustrating trying to keep a tidy area, only to have to litter the floor with huge weapons.

Perhaps just change the trunks to hold huge items to accomodate this?
[CHAT - Mayor Bryce of Bryceburgh]: It's that funny metal thing you put in your mouth, Galon, and then it goes "Boing, doing, dwang, dwang, doing, ding, boing, dwahng."
04:06:02 [CHAT - Mayor Bryce of Bryceburgh]: You know, the thing Snoopy plays to help Charlie Brown remember "i before e, except after c"

GM

Postby Noctere » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:54 pm

One of the difficulties that we have always tried to tackle was that many players choose to hoard items in their personal homes. So much so that it defies normal real world physics (5 handcarts in one small room) and puts more strain onto our server. I know there was some talk back in the day about imposing a room limit to how much could be placed in there but I am not sure if that was ever implemented.

With that said, I don't see there being any problems creating a HUGE crate which can hold almost anything once such a room limit exists. Until then we do not wish to invalidate the importance of bank vaults which are the preferred method of long term storage.
It's not easy being evil...

Postby Kiyaani » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:04 pm

Don't most containers also have a weight limit though? This wouldn't bypass that.

CLOK Patron

Postby Evelyn » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:54 pm

Display cases hold large weapons in their harnesses. Just a heads up. :)

Return to Feature Requests and Suggestions