Use this command to report a bug you've discovered. This gets logged to our bug database for later analysis and fix actions. Example: BUG I get a red error message when I type MINE in this room.
Use this the same as you would use the BUG command, but for typos. Example: TYPO The word wilderness is misspelled in this room.
Use this to let us know ICly what your character is thinking. Example: THINK I wonder if Irwin has time to talk to me about the recent developments with the Dominion.
Use this in place of the EMOTE or ACT commands to let us know ICly what your character is doing. Example: RITUAL kneels and solemnly recites vows to the taco lords.
Use this if you need direct contact or interaction with a GM for OOC matters only. This may be used in conjunction with BUG, TYPO, or REPORT. Example: REQUEST open I have a flatbow that has an extra hyphen in the item description and would like it fixed please.
Use this for emergencies only to immediately contact all members of the GM team. REPORT There is a player named Bob who is constantly spamming CHAT with the F-Bomb.
- When in doubt, request.
- Request is not to be used as a GM-summoning tool for IC interactions (example - requesting a GM to possess an NPC for you to interact with).
- Some issues which were previously handled via email such as requests for character listings or IP address exemption for multiple players in the same household can now be handled via the request command.
- You may follow up certain other automated commands such as craftmark requests and callsign requests with the REQUEST command if they go an extended period without being looked at.
- While requests are queued, if you're offline, we won't be able to contact you, so don't log out immediately after submitting a request.
- Requests are by-character, so if you submit a request on one character and then switch to another character, we will be unable to help you until you switch back.
- There is no need to submit a request for a typo or bug unless it affects your character directly and you believe it to require manual GM intervention to correct. Otherwise, just a BUG or TYPO is sufficient.
- If you are suffering from a bug or typo that DOES directly affect your character and requires manual GM intervention, please use BOTH commands (bug or typo, and request).
- Patrons, once you've received a greenlight from Jirato that your monthly perk requests are approved, please use the REQUEST command to get in contact with a member of the GM team to fulfill your request.
- Please be as explicit as possible when describing bugs and typos. For example, if you have a bugged item that you purchased form a shop, tell us which shop it is from. If it is a custom order item, describe its base appearance in the shop so that we can locate it.
- Always submit bugs and typos in the rooms where they are relevant. Your character location is logged when sending a bug or typo.
- As much as we try, GMs are not always around or could be busy working on other things. Please be patient while waiting for your request to be addressed.