Discussion of different MUD clients, plugins, etc. as well as technical help.
- New member
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:06 am
Per the connection info page on the wiki
Unfortunately, our web-based client appears to be broken. If you have any suggestions on a web-based solution, please share them on the BBS.
- MUCon is a fairly basic MUSH style client
- PHudBase also appears to be a fairly basic client. It can be used from the PHudBase site, but can also be installed locally.
- Mud Portal appears to be a more robust web-based client. It doesn't have clok listed as an available mud, but a link can be configured to connect as in this post. The downside is they haven't properly set up their certificates so you may (as I did) get a security warning if/when you try to visit.
- Posts: 731
- Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:06 pm
- Location: Eastern U.S.
Mud Portal is what mudconnect.com is using currently, and if you access CLOK's listing on mudconnect, you can get Mud Portal to connect by clicking the "Play now" button. It has triggers, aliases, and macros, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get them to work.
This is how I've been connecting recently while at work.